Public Art in Applecross
Applecross is a riverside suburb of Perth, Western Australia, bounded by Canning Highway and the
The suburb was named after a small fishing village in Scotland and many of the streets bear
Scottish names. After the arrival of Europeans, the land was originally assigned to Lionel Lukin on 28th of May,
1830. In February 1896 the land was acquired by Scotsman Sir Alexander Percival Matheson, who instigated the
subdivision of the area, and named it Applecross.