Public Art in Cary
Cary began in 1750 as a settlement called Bradford's Ordinary but was founded by Allison Francis
"Frank" Page in 1854, following the construction of the North Carolina Railroad.The town was named in honor of Ohio
congressman and prohibitionist Samuel Fenton Cary who Page admired. Page pretty much ran the town, laying out the
first streets, building the first sawmill, hotel, general store and post office. Page would become the railroad
agent, first post master and first mayor.